Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year, New Lifestyle

[source]
Last year a made a new years resolution to be a vegetarian and I'm proud to say I've gone a full year without meat. This year I decided to do another food related resolution, kinda, I've decided to improve my eating and exercise habits, which at the moment are non-existant. For the first couple of weeks I will be blogging what I eat to try and keep me on track.

Breakfast:
1/4 cup walnuts
1/2 cup strawberries
Cup of tea

Lunch:
Apple
Yogurt cup
3 slices of bread at DaVinci's (BAD!)

Snack:
Pita pocket
1.5 oz. goat cheese

Dinner:
Baked tofu and veggies (recipe as follows)


Baked Tofu:

Ingredients:
Tofu
1 t. Dijon Mustard
1 t. Mayonnaise
3 t. Olive oil
2 cloves Garlic
Zucchini
Tomato

Directions:
1.) Heat oven to 400 degrees
2.) Dice tomato and zucchini. Toss in 9X9 pan with one teaspoon of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
3.) Drain tofu and cut desired amount (I used 1/3 of the block) press with a towel to remove excess water and slice to about 1/4 inch thick.
4.) In a small bowl mix mustard mayo garlic, finely chopped, and olive oil. This may turn out a little thick so you may need to thin it down with water.
5.) Scoot vegetables on one side of the pan and place tofu on empty side pour sauce over tofu. Bake 30-40 minutes. Serves one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?